DURING YOUR STAY IN ITALY
Effective from May 1, 2022, it is no longer mandatory to show a Green Pass to access businesses and services in Italy. Therefore, free access to local and national public transportation, bars and restaurants, shops, museums, theaters, cinemas, stadiums, gyms, spas, etc.
Use of masks
The use of FFP2 masks remains mandatory in the following locations:
- ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
- High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
- buses connecting more than two regions
- buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
- local and regional public transport
- indoor performances in theatres, cinemas, concert halls, entertainment venues and live music
- indoor sports events
However, the use of the mask in all indoor environments and in all cases of crowded outdoor events is highly recommended.
Please note that nonetheless, in all situations, the following people are excluded from the requirement to wear masks:
- children under the age of six
- persons with a medical condition or disability that is incompatible with the use of a mask, and persons who must communicate with a disabled person
- individuals who are engaging in athletic activities
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION AND USEFUL LINKS
Find out the requirements for entry to Italy by clicking on viaggiaresicuri.it. Just answer a few questions to learn useful information on the validity of your COVID-19 green pass.
National information line 1500 was activated by the Italian Ministry of Health to answer questions from the public about the novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV. The hotline is open 24/7.
Travellers can contact the Ministry of Health at the following numbers:
- from Italy: 1500 (free toll number)
- from abroad: +39 0232008345 – +39 0283905385
For more information, visit the specific Ministry of Health web page for travellers.
Information on the EU Digital COVID Certificate
Last updated on 31 May 2022 on https://www.italia.it/en/covid19 and https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5411&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto